Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Together Again

I was so glad to be able to go visit today!  I hate not seeing the girls or holding them.  I stayed a little longer than I usually do, so I could hold each of them.  Usually mom is there with me and she will hold one while I hold the other, but unfortunately she's been sick since last Wednesday and hasn't been able to go.  She is starting to feel better now and will hopefully be able to go with me again soon.

 Me holding Addi skin-to-skin.  She was so awake for the first half and couldn't decide which direction she wanted her head to face.  She kept lifting it up and switching.  She's got a strong little neck.

There really weren't any changes with the girls today.  The ENT didn't end up coming yesterday or today so we still don't know anything about Jordyn's vocal chord.  He said he will come tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath.  Jordyn's doctor ordered an echo on her heart today because she hasn't had one for so long and she wondered if there would be anything there to explain why she can't stop swinging and why she isn't able to move off the NIPV.  We will find out the results of that echo tomorrow.

This is how I left Jordyn this morning after holding her.  She was all snuggled up with her hands up by her face.  A couple hours after I left I got a text from her nurse, Lori, who asked if she could take a picture of her and send it to me...

She had grabbed the star and was holding it up by her face.  So sweet!

These were the gifts from the Parent Support Group tonight.  There's a onesie, a pair of socks, a burpcloth and some Easter eggs with candy inside.  It's fun to see what the girls are going to get each week.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my heck! Those pictures are so adorable! I'm gad you're feeling better. I hope you guys can get some of those questions answered soon. I can't even imagine how stressful this must all be.

Christensen's said...

I am sorry you were sick! Are you feeling better? I would love to bring you dinner next week sometime. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Let me know what I can do to help. I love your girls beautiful hair!

Kirst said...

Those photos are SO precious Holls!!! Still praying for all of you - sure love ya!!!