Friday, March 22, 2013

Waiting Game

I had my 6 week postpartum check-up today and the doctor was way behind schedule.  I was at the office for 2 hours.  Because of the long doctor's appointment I wasn't able to go down for the 10:30 or 1:30 Cares.  I finally made it down at 4:30 but decided not to hold the girls then and wait for the 7:30 Cares.  They don't want us to hold at back-to-back Cares because it is too much stimulation for the babies.

Dr. Richardson called me today after rounds to update me on the girls.  Addi is having a lot of reflux after each of her feedings.  He thinks it is related to the CPAP machine and she is getting too much air in her stomach and that when she is ready to move to a new machine (which will hopefully be in the next day or two) it will improve on it's own.  Jordyn, however, is very puzzling to the doctor.  Her heart rate is fluctuating a lot.  The doctor thinks she is forgetting to breathe and then takes a lot of fast breaths to try to catch up.  He doesn't really know why this is happening.  They ran some tests on her today and everything came back perfect, which is why he is so puzzled.  He said we just need to wait and see with her.  Either she will improve on her own in the next few days or she will get worse.  I hate waiting!!


Cooper went on a field trip today to the Hogle Zoo.  It was snowing and freezing cold but he had a great time.  He said his favorite animal was the Grizzly Bear.

No comments: