Saturday, March 30, 2013

Egg Hunts / Addi's Big Day


We had egg hunts at my moms house and also at Peggy's today.  The kids had a great day and the weather was perfect.  In between hunts my mom and I headed down to the hospital to visit Jordyn and Addi.  Addi is doing so great and had a lot of changes happen today.  She got bumped down to 1 liter of oxygen, so she is now off the High Flow machine.  She has been staying around 21% oxygen and doing really well.  Because of the change of oxygen machines, she also got a new, smaller cannula in her nose.  Because of the smaller cannula, she got her feeding tube taken out of her mouth and thread through her nose which clears up her mouth to hopefully start breastfeeding in a day or two.  While I was holding her, Heather came and switched out her bed too.  They like to keep the Giraffe beds (that is what they call the beds they have been in) available in case they have an emergency 25 week baby born.  She is still in an incubator type of bed until she gets to 1800 grams and then she'll be ready to move into something open.  Last night she weighed 1470 which translates to 3 lbs 4 oz.

Addi with her new cannula and feeding tube going into her nose.  It's so nice to see her face without all that tape on it.

Addi's new bed.

Jordyn had a much better day today.  She was still swinging with her oxygen but didn't go lower than the 50's.  They didn't make any changes on her today.  She is still at a 9 PEEP and seems to be doing just fine with that.  Brenda had the girls today and said she was hesitant to do too much with Jordyn since she had had such a bad day yesterday.  I held her tonight and she was perfect for me.  She looked so comfortable and I fell asleep for a few minutes while I was holding her because I was so relaxed.  Last night Jordyn weighed 1530 grams (3 lbs 6 oz).  Now that she is 1500 grams, she is ready to have a real bath instead of just the sponge bath she has been getting every other night.  I'm really excited to help with that!  I was talking to another mom tonight in the NICU about how you have to celebrate all of the little milestones.  Getting a bath is definitely a milestone!

 This is Jordyn all dressed up in a new outfit today.  Her sister had on a matching one and they both looked so cute!  Thanks again Mellie for the cute clothes.

 
 Our nurse, Kim, bought the turquoise and purple blankets for the girls.  She had 25 week twins 12 years ago and so she said she is partial to our girls and loves to take care of them.  Everyone we have met in the NICU has been so nice!  They definitely help make this hard situation a little more bearable.

2 comments:

Christensen's said...

I love the giant Easter eggs! Anytime you just want to take a nap,call me and I would love to take your cute kiddos!

Emily said...

I'm so glad the day was so much better! I think it's awesome that you're so good at seeing all the little things worth celebrating!