Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sponge Bath

Addi still has a little bit of blood in her stomach.  Brenda said she wanted her to have a very low-key day to help that heal so they are going to sedate her and try to not bother her or move her too much.  I couldn't hold her today because moving in and out of the bed can move the tube around and bother her throat even more.  She is getting 5 ml's of milk (which is 1 tsp) and weighs 1 lb. 14 oz.

Jordyn is doing great on her CPAP machine still.  The side effect of this machine is that the eyes get a little puffy from the mask and so she has had an even harder time getting her eyes open, but she finally did it today!  Mom was holding her and she opened her left eye to look around.  We couldn't tell if the right one was open too because of the CPAP.  She is now getting 10 ml's (2 tsp) of milk and weighs 2 lbs 3 oz.  Mom and I got to help give her a sponge bath tonight.  It was our first time helping with that!  She got all cleaned up and got new fresh linens and a bow.  It was fun to be there for that and help with something new.

Mom holding Jordyn

1 comment:

Hillary Van Akin said...

Holly,

I've been thinking a lot about you lately and I've been keeping you in my prayers. I know how hard it is to have a baby in the NICU especially when you have kids at home. You are such an amazing person and those babies are so lucky to have you. You are going to see such amazing miracles and blessings through this experience. I was going to send you a card but didn't have your address, but I just want you to know I'm thinking about you and rooting for your girls!

Hillary