Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fresh Milk


Jordyn is staying about the same.  It's so nice to hear the doctor tell me that there aren't any changes.  She weighs 2 lb 10 oz now and is getting 23 mls of milk.  The girls have been eating so much more lately and have finally used up those first 48 bottles of colostrum, so now I will be bringing in fresh everyday.  I held Jordyn today and her oxygen had to be turned up quite a bit.  There was one point where she dropped down really low and wasn't breathing so they hurried and put her back in her bed. She does better in her bed, especially when she's on her tummy.  They've told me that as she matures and gets bigger she won't fluctuate so much.  I'm looking forward to that.  Today was a little bit scary.


Addi was so social this morning when I went in.  She was wide awake and looking around and sucking on her pacifier.  Everyone kept commenting on how adorable she is and it was really fun to see her so awake.  Both girls' stomachs were a little distended today and so the nurse gave them both glycerin enemas.  Brenda, our doctor today, said that their stomachs have a lot of air in them from their breathing machines and the enema will help move that out of there.  Tonight Addi weighed in at 2 lbs 5 oz. and is getting 16 mls of milk now.

Pops and Gram came up this weekend for a visit.  It's been nice to see them and visit with them.  Bert and I were able to do FaceTime with my family tonight while we were at Cares.  I wish they could all just come to the NICU to visit, but I guess this is the next best thing.

2 comments:

PJ said...

I showed Warren the pictures. He was just staring and smiling. =)

I'm glad they're doing well.

Emily said...

It's amazing how tiny and adorable they are. So glad they've been doing so well!