Saturday, March 16, 2013

NIPV x 2

When I woke up at 4:00 to pump I had a sore throat.  I was so bummed and I really hoped and prayed that it wouldn't be there when I woke up at 8:00 for the day, but it was.  So...I won't be able to go down and visit the girls today.  It makes me so sad.  I called down to tell the nurse I wouldn't be coming and to get an update.  Shaylee is our nurse today and she said the girls had a really great night and had been really good for her this morning.  Brenda, our doctor for today, called me after she had finished rounds to give me another update.  Addi's numbers on her breathing machine are so low and she is doing so well.  They are going to continue to wean her a little more and then hopefully switch out machines in the next day or two. She said she is handling the 22 calorie fortifier so well that she wants to bump her to the 24 calories one.  Addi is growing and getting so big.  Yesterday when I was with her, mom and I kept commenting on how big she looked.


Tiff and I made these little fabric stars for the girls.  I wear them around with me and then when I go to visit I leave one with them so they can have my smell with them.  Their sense of smell is their most developed sense right now and one of the nurses said that babies will usually turn their heads toward the fabric because they can smell their momma.  I sent them down with Bert and my mom today since I couldn't be there.


Brenda said that Jordyn is doing good but she is frustrated that Jordyn has been stuck on the CPAP for 2 weeks now.  She decided that it would be a good idea to change her to the machine that Addi is on.  Jordyn will now be on the NIPV too.  Brenda thinks maybe part of why she swings so much is because she doesn't like the CPAP and it's hard to get a seal so a lot of the air leaks out.  It will also be good to give her face a break from that mask.  When I talked to Shaylee after they had switched her machine, she said that Jordyn is liking the new machine so much better.  She was very relaxed and sleeping really good.  Shaylee has been our nurse a few times before and she commented that she hadn't ever seen Jordyn so relaxed before.  I made sure to send the camera with Bert so he could get a picture of her sweet face.  It's been hidden behind her CPAP mask for 2 weeks and I was so bummed that I couldn't go down and see her.  She already looks different in just 2 weeks.  They are growing and changing so fast!

No comments: