Monday, March 4, 2013

Private Suite

We walked into the NICU today and were greeted by a pleasant surprise.  They had moved Jordyn's bed in the night and now instead of being across the aisle from each other, they are side-by-side.  Now when we are holding the girls we can draw the curtain around both beds and still be together and be close to both babies.  We keep joking that it's our own private suite.


The girls are both doing good today.  They are both doing well on their breathing machines and will continue to stay on them today.  The doctor said they are both tolerating their feedings, although Addi has had some blood in her stomach which they think is from her intubatation.  They think her throat might have gotten scratched and is now bleeding and sore.  These poor babies.  It breaks my heart when they are in pain and I wish I could take it all away.  I've heard a couple of nurses say how great it is that they won't remember any of this.  Unfortunately, that doesn't really make me feel better.

Bert and I went down this evening and he held Jordyn skin-to-skin.  She really seemed to love it.  I held her last night without doing the skin-to-skin and they had to keep increasing her oxygen and eventually had to put her back in bed early so she could get calmed down.  But tonight she did great.

No comments: