Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Daddy-Daughter Time

I was definitely feeling better today, but not quite good enough.  I'm hopeful that I'll be back to 100% tomorrow and can go see my babies again.  In the meantime I've been spending a lot more time with Jacks, Coop and Ry.  The weather has been so nice so the kids have been playing outside quite a bit.  I went out to check on Rylee and this is what I found.

Jacks is a sweet big brother.  He was sitting by her on the glider and pushing it back and forth for her. 

My mom went down this morning to help with Cares and held Addi.  The nurse told her that we can now hold the girls 2 times a day.  Bert went down for 7:30 Cares and then held both girls.  Our nurse, Candace, commented on how calm Jordyn was while Bert was holding her and that she'd never seen her stay so calm for so long.  I never got a call from our doctor today but the report from the nurses was good again.  Both girls are tolerating their feedings really well.  They are doing well with their breathing machines and the respiratory therapist has been slowly turning their machines down and trying to wean the girls more and more.  It's crazy that Jordyn is doing better on the NIPV and Addison is doing better on the CPAP.  They just needed to switch machines.

Bert had a blast holding both girls skin-to-skin.

No comments: