Sunday, March 17, 2013

Steroids

I still have a sore throat today, which is so annoying, so I won't be going down to visit again.  I really miss my girls!  I called down this morning and talked to our doctor, Brenda.  She said the girls look really good.  They are tolerating their feedings really well and their stomachs look good.  Addi gained 2 ounces last night which puts her at 2 lbs 11 oz.  Jordyn is 2 lbs. 13 oz now.  Brenda also said their coloring looked so good and they both look so healthy.  That was so nice to hear!  She said Jordyn is liking her new NIPV machine a lot better and has been a lot more relaxed since they made the switch, but she is still swinging quite a bit.  Brenda talked to Dr. Minton and they both decided that it would be a good idea to give Jordyn some steroids which will help strengthen her lungs.  The steroids will be given over the course of 10 days but we should see a difference in just 2 or 3.  Brenda said she is really excited about giving them to Jordyn because she thinks it's the extra boost she needs to be able to progress onto a different breathing machine.  She said Addi might follow in her footsteps and get the steroids too but she wants to wait and talk about it with all the other doctors in their Monday meeting.  Until then, she moved Addi to the CPAP machine.  Her numbers were so low on the NIPV so hopefully she will tolerate the CPAP well and be able to progress too.  I would love to be there with them but I know they are in good hands.  I'm trying to rest as much as I can today.  I've drunk some hot tea and put Vicks on my throat and plan on gurgling salt water later (BLAH!).  I gotta get rid of this sore throat ASAP so I can see my girls again.

We had a Ward Talent Show last night and Bert took the boys to it.  Cooper's been talking about performing a magic trick for his talent but I didn't think he would really do it.  My boys are notoriously shy in front of people they don't know very well and I thought for sure he would chicken out.  But, happily, I was wrong.  He did his trick, which was making a green silk scarf disappear, and everyone loved it and cheered for him.  I'm so proud of him and wish I could have seen it!

No comments: