Thursday, March 21, 2013

Movie Stars

A couple of weeks ago the NICU Manager came to talk to me and said that Channel 2 News wanted to do a story on the NICU and he wondered if I would be interested in helping out with that.  He said that he was going to submit a few stories to them and they would let him know which ones they wanted to record.  Well, 2 days ago he called me and said they had chosen us and to be there Thursday at 10:00 to be interviewed.  Bert and I were pretty nervous about it.  They interviewed the doctor first we decided to hold the girls before they came down to talk to us.  I encouraged Bert to hold the girls together like I had yesterday. 


The girls were awake when they first gave them to Bert and they were looking all over and at each other. 


Right when we were ready to put them back in their beds, the news people came.  They took some shots of Bert holding them and then took me into a quiet room to interview me.  It was really quick and hopefully I didn't make a fool of myself.  Then they came back and took some more shots of the girls in their beds.  They will let me know when it will air.  Most likely it will be next Friday or the one after that on the 5 o'clock news.  We were joking around with some of the staff about how lucky it was that Bert was the one holding the girls because it will be his chest on TV and not mine.  Instead, i get to watch and listen to myself...I'm not so sure I got the better end of this deal. ;)

2 comments:

Rosie and Derek said...

How exciting! Can't wait to hear when it will air!

Emily said...

That's awesome! Let us know when it will be on.