Wednesday, March 13, 2013

No Infection

We had some really good news when I got to Cares yesterday.  Addi doesn't have an infection!!  She just needs some extra nutrition to help get her levels back up to where they are supposed to be.  Her stomach was very bloated today so our nurse, Carly, gave her some lasix which should help move things along.  They are going to give her the fortified milk again tonight and see if she tolerates it this time.  The last time they tried was Sunday night and it didn't go very well.  Fortified milk is my milk with some extra calories and nutrients added in.  She's been gaining a lot of weight lately but most of it is water weight so it would be nice for her to gain some real weight.

 My thumb looks huge in this picture with Addi.

Jordyn is kinda coasting along right now.  She is starting to look so big now!  She got her PICC taken out on Monday night.  She still swings a lot with her oxygen so she won't be able to get off this machine quite yet.  The nurses are either commenting on her swinging or on her feistyness.  She's definitely got a reputation in the NICU.  I got to see her for a minute today without her mask on and I think she is starting to look like Rylee's baby pictures.

 Nana holding Jordyn.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad to hear that Addi doesn't have an infection. I think it's great that Jordyn is so feisty, that means she's a little fighter.

They both have so much hair! They're adorable!

Kirst said...

So glad no infection! Sweet girls! I just love the photos- so sweet of Addi holding your finger, and Jordan with her pacifier:)

Christensen's said...

Wow! I can't believe it's been over a month! Fighters!