Monday, May 6, 2013

Reader's Theater


 Jacks had a Reader's Theater today in his class.  Mom, Ry and I took a break from packing and went to listen.  He was so pleased to see us there.  He did a great job.  Jacks' teacher is always saying how much she likes having Jacks' in her class.  That is always nice for a mom to hear.  I'm so grateful that both boys like school and are good students!

Addi had an awesome day.  Her test weights were 26 mls, 31 mls, and then 29 mls this evening.  Jordyn did awesome with her first banana milk bottle today.  She got 29 mls with Annie feeding her.  Annie explained how the bananas work to me.  The bananas help thicken the milk and also make the milk a little slimey.  Since her left vocal chord is paralyzed, she has a hard time swallowing.  She has to be laying right side down while she eats so gravity can help pull the vocal chord down and close off her airway.  The "slime" in the milk helps it to glide down her throat a little easier.    

The girls have been moved again.  The NICU is so full right now that they have moved some babies down to the 4th floor to their Pediatric overflow.  We have a nice big room that we share with one other baby.  The mom doesn't have a car and so can't come in very often so it's like we have our own private room.  Mary Beth was the nurse on shift tonight and she brought me some cupcakes.  She was my nurse the other night when I was crying and having an emotional night and she wanted to give me something to help cheer me up and be happy.  We have had so many amazing nurses that I am going to miss when we are finally home!

No comments: