Sunday, May 5, 2013

3-A-Day

Addi got moved to 3-a-day breastfeeding today.  She did great!  She got 19 mls this morning, 11 mls in the afternoon, and 18 mls tonight.  Pretty consistent day.  When she is consistently getting around 45 mls each feeding then she will get bumped up to 4 times a day.  The doctor was concerned that she might have an infection because her skin was mottled and she DESATed a few times, which is unlike her.  She decided to play it on the safe side and get some labs drawn to see.  Thankfully she doesn't have an infection and was just having an off day.

I've been thinking a lot about Jordyn and her feedings.  On one hand I really want to breastfeed her but on the other hand I want her to catch up to Addi and be able to come home close together.  I've given up on the idea that they'll come home together, but I want it to be as close together as it can so I am not leaving one baby behind while I go down to visit the other.  So I came to the decision that we should start doing bottles with Jordyn and see if she will do better with that.  Brenda came in to talk to me and said pretty much the same thing.  She'd been thinking about it and thought it was a good idea to try.  So I will breastfeed Jordyn in the mornings and then someone from Occupational Therapy(OT) will come give Jordyn a bottle in the afternoon or evening.  It's written that only OT can do it because they can work with her and figure out exactly what she needs to help her get the milk down and keep it down.

Today was our last week in this ward.  We have always loved our ward and felt welcomed from the very first week.  We will miss all of our friends so much!

No comments: