Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Grumbling and Complaining

I am exhausted.  I feel sort of like a zombie with only half a brain left.  But I also realize that this is probably nothing compared to how tired I'll be when the girls are finally home with me.  I think if I didn't have to worry about anything else that I could lay down and sleep for at least 12 hours and I would love it!

So many nurses have told me to keep being patient with the breastfeeding thing and that eventually something will just click and she'll get it.  I think they are all liars!  We've been at this since April 1st and nothing has clicked.  I felt like tonight was going to be our best test weight yet.  I could hear her swallowing and she had a good suck-swallow-breathe rhythm going on.  I was so disappointed that she only got 16 mls.  Nothing's clicking for her yet!

I've been so busy with packing and the move that I haven't been tracking how much milk I pump each day.  I started tracking today and was very disappointed to see I only got 29 oz.  I've been consistently getting 40 since the girls were 2 weeks old.  I haven't been drinking enough water or been good about pumping every 2-3 hours.  I'm hoping that if I start that back up again, I will get my milk back.  Keep your fingers crossed that I won't have to start using my freezer supply just yet!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I can't even imagine how crazy and busy and stressful and frustrating life is for you right now. You're doing awesome! Hang in there. You're in my prayers.