Friday, May 3, 2013

Trudging On


I guess Addi was tired after her big day yesterday and today she only got out 15 mls this morning.  My nurse was talking to me about how discouraging and depressing it can and does get for all the NICU moms.  She told me to hang in there because it will just click in their heads one day and they will know exactly what to do and do it fine from then on.  Jordyn was too tired to nurse this morning but got on and nursed this evening.  After about 7 minutes she relaxed and pulled off.  Then she gagged again but I tried not to move her very much and she didn't throw up this time.  Annie is going to talk to the doctors about giving Jord some Prevacid for her reflux.  She said they used to use it all the time and now don't use it very much anymore.  She thinks that will help Jordyn.  It's supposed to minimize the acid that is coming up out of her stomach so it doesn't burn her throat and hurt so much.  We need to do something for the poor girl.  It is so sad to listen to her gag and see her DESAT and then try to swallow what's in her throat.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I think about you all the time Holly. I can't imagine how you are keeping up with everything! You're such a great example of faith. You're always in my prayers. Your family is so beautiful!