Friday, May 24, 2013

Addison's Homecoming

Today was a very bittersweet day for me.  I wanted the girls' to come home on the same day so badly but it just wasn't meant to be.  I drug my feet a lot today because I just didn't want to leave Jordyn behind.  Brenda was our discharge doctor today and she kept coming into the room and asking me how I was doing and I would start crying every time.  Keri was our nurse and she helped us gather up a bunch of bottles and syringes and things we would need at home.  I fed both girls and got Addi all dressed up and in her carseat.  When I just couldn't stall any longer I broke down crying and said goodbye to Jordyn. So many people tried to console me by saying that it would be easier to have just one home first and I could get used to that but I wanted both my babies home with me.  Finally, after 104 days, she is coming home from the NICU!


The NICU has a tradition of taking babies on a little parade to see everyone and say goodbye and it was fun to see some people again.  After the parade, Keri walked us out to our car and we took Addi home.  There were fun pink balloons and pink pinwheels waiting for us as a welcome home. 


The boys were excited to see her and made sure to change their clothes and wash their hands before they went near her.


Rylee loves babies and wanted to keep kissing and touching her.  Even though Addi is 3 1/2 months old it feels like we brought home a newborn.  She looks and acts like a newborn.  The only difference is I'm not recovering from giving birth.

No comments: