Saturday, May 18, 2013

4-A-Day


Bert went down this afternoon to feed the girls.  Unfortunately, they had already been fed by Annie so instead he just cuddled with both of them.  He said they were quite fussy when he first got there but not when he was holding them.  He loved his daddy-daughter time!

Addi must have known I've been thinking about giving up on breastfeeding with her because she totally upped her game today.  Lately she has been digressing a little and getting pretty low numbers but doing really well with her bottle, so I figured I'd save myself a little time and maybe get her home a little sooner if I stopped trying to breastfeed her and start doing bottles full time.  But she apparently isn't ready to give it up because she got 54 mls this morning and 44 tonight without the breast shield.  Her feedings are 49 mls so she rocked it today.  


Apparently, Addi threw a pretty big fit right before I got there tonight and she pulled her feeding tube out of her nose.  It was fun for me to see her without anything on her face.  She was just a regular, beautiful baby!


Mom fed Jordyn a bottle tonight with Annie's help.  She has been doing so good lately that they are moving her to 4-a-day feedings.  There still has to be a break in between so one of her feedings will be in the middle of the night.  With Jordyn's vocal chord paralysis, she has to be fed a certain way and let her set the pace.  I don't really trust everyone with the job because if she is fed wrongly or too fast then she could possible aspirate the milk.  We'll have to see who the night nurse is from now on and whether or not I trust them to feed her.  If I don't then I guess I'll be going down in the middle of the night!  I'm so pleased that Jordyn has caught up and passed Addi on feedings.  Addi started so much earlier than her and so I was worried that Jordyn would be too far behind.  She is doing awesome!!

The ladies took Tiff out to lunch today and then some shopping at the outlets at Traverse Mountain.  Afterward, we went back to Mom's for a BBQ and presents.


No comments: