Monday, April 8, 2013

Under Contract

We handed in a counter-offer on our house this morning and we heard back tonight that the buyers accepted it.  So we are now Under Contract.  Bert and I have been looking online a little at houses for sale in Orem and we are planning to go walk through a couple of them tomorrow.  We had 3 showings of our house today so I spent the whole day either at the hospital or at my mom's house.  I'm glad they accepted and we can go back to living at our own house again.
Wendy, our NP, called me this morning.  She told me that Ron was Jordyn's respiratory therapist today and after he had assessed her, he decided that having her rate up so high was making her reflux worse.  He dropped it down from 30 to 0 and she did great for over an hour.  Eventually she started having some deep swinging again, so they turned her back up to a 14.  She stayed on that the rest of the day.  Every time I have gotten frustrated with Jordyn's swinging, a nurse or doctor would tell me that she'll wean when she's ready.  I guess they were right.  She must have just woken up today and decided she was ready to be done with the NIP-V.  Hopefully she continues to progress.

I went to the hospital at 4:30 to meet with the Occupation Therapist, Annie.  She helped me with the breastfeeding once before and wanted to work with me again.  I jumped at the chance to have some extra help because I really feel like I don't know what I am doing.  Everyone keeps asking me how it is going and I have no idea what to say.  I've never breastfed a preemie before and it is completely different.  A nurse told me today that as long as it is a positive experience and there is some interest on the babies' part, then it is going great.  Annie gave me a breast shield to try.  They want you to start without, but since it's been a week she said it would be okay for me to put one on.  It was so much easier for Addi to latch onto and she stayed latched on and sucked for quite a while.  I'm still pumping right before so Addi isn't really getting much right now.

Bert went down this evening to help with the girls' baths (his first time).  He also weighed the girls and Addi is now 3 lbs 11 oz and Jordyn is 3 lbs 13 oz.  Every single nurse I have had for the past week has commented on how great the girls' swaddle blankets are.  Thanks again Harriet!  They are perfect!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow! I can't believe how fast your house sold. That's great! Good luck finding a new one. There's never a dull moment for you guys.

I'm so glad to see that your girls are doing so well. They are seriously so cute!