Tuesday, April 9, 2013

2 Months Old


The girls are 2 months old today!  I can't believe it's been 2 months.  There have been days and even weeks that have just dragged on, but now when I look back I just can't believe it's been that long.  I was pretty excited about it and mentioned it to just about every person I saw today!  The girls and I celebrated by snuggling together.  Erin and Tiff gave me this necklace a few days ago.  It has Addison and Jordyn's names engraved on and their birthstone and it also has a little tiny pea pod.  It's very sweet. 

I was walking into the hospital this evening and saw a van that looked just like Ben and Becky's.  As it got closer I realized it was Ben and Becky.  Becky was having contractions and they were coming to check into the hospital.  I waited for them to park and then we rode the elevator up to the 5th floor together.  After I was done holding the girls I walked over to Labor & Delivery and visited with them for a little while.  Dr. Savage was there breaking Becky's water and so we chatted for a bit too.  When I left I decided I need to say goodnight one more time to the girls and when I walked back into the NICU, Candace told me they were switching Jordyn over to High Flow right then.  They usually don't make changes during the night shift but they had wanted to do it earlier today and just got too busy with some new admits.  I decided to wait and see her with her new head gear :).  When I was on my way home I got the text from Ben announcing that Macy Jane had been born.  All these girls are going to be so close and have so much fun together!

No comments: