Thursday, April 25, 2013

Room Air Trial

I got a phone call this afternoon from Brenda giving me the update on the girls.  I had been in to see them in the morning but Brenda hadn't finished rounds on them yet.  She was so pleased with the girls' progress and decided to push them a little more.  Addi's canula is off and she got put on a "room air trial".  She lasted from 2:30 until about 10:30 on room air and then had to go back on the oxygen.  Brenda said it's common for babies to go back and forth and that it usually takes a few tries before they can talk the baby into it.  It was so exciting to see her without her cannula.


Peggy made dinner for us tonight and then came down to the hospital with Bert and I.  She got to hold the girls for the first time.

Peggy holding Jordyn.

Brenda decided to turn Jordyn down to 1 liter of oxygen and also contract her feedings to 2 hours on and 1 hour off.  She's been tolerating everything so well.  If she can stay down on a 1 liter then she will get a new cannula just like Addi's.  I will love seeing more of her face and I'm sure she'll love not having that huge cannula on her face.

No comments: