Thursday, February 21, 2013

More Antibiotics


Addi has opened both her eyes now.  She has been sporting the one-eye pirate look for a couple days but finally got that left eye open.  Her blood culture from Tues turned positive sometime last night, so she still has an infection.  Dr. Cheatham decided to start her on some different antibiotics, so we're really hoping that she will start feeling better soon.  Poor girl!  She needs a break from getting poked and bothered!


Jordyn is doing really good!  She is now getting 1 ml of my milk every 3 hours instead of every 6.  She was poopy all 3 times I went down for cares today!  Bert got to hold her for the first time tonight when they weighed her.  He's been so nervous about doing much with the girls but I've been getting after him and the nurse started bugging him tonight, so he really had no choice.  The nurse picked Jordyn up and handed her to Bert so he didn't have to worry about all of her tubes and IV's.

The more I look at these girls, the more I am convinced that they are not identical.  Jordyn has olive skin and tons of dark hair.  Addi has more of a pink tone to her skin and a little less hair than Jordyn.  I think their faces are starting to look different too.  So I'm thinking they must be fraternal.  Only time will tell!

No comments: