Sunday, February 8, 2009

Change is good!

Bert got a new job up in SLC. He wasn't really out looking for a new job, this one kinda fell in his lap. He has a friend that works at this company and told Bert they were hiring so Bert submitted a resume and they liked him and offered him the job. It's a nice pay increase (which is great for me since I like to spend money) and he will enjoy what he is doing a little bit more than he did at the other job. It takes him about 35 minutes to get to work in the morning when the traffic isn't so bad...I don't like having him come home later at night but it's something I will just have to get used to.

I started babysitting again for my sister. She finished maternity leave and went back to work this last week so I had Tate (who is 2 months) for 2 days this week. I will rotate having Tate one week and Luke the next week. It was different having a baby around. It has been a while since my baby just turned 2!! I wonder if this will make me baby hungry again...or if I will want to wait even longer to have another one!

I've been teaching piano lessons to my niece and nephew since last August. Well in just the last couple of weeks I've had 4 new students sign up. I always said I needed to find a good "mom job" and this is it. It's just for an hour 3 days a week and it is so nice to have that extra spending money (since I love to spend it).

I've made a goal to post more often. I tend to wait until we've done something fun or taken pictures before I post. But I am going to try and do it more! I love to read other peoples blogs and see what they are up to and I get bugged when they don't update very often. (What a hypocrite!!) We'll see how it goes!

7 comments:

scrambled brains said...

Wow, you talked about liking to spend money A LOT! We ARE alike...fancy that. A truce may be in order, maybe we could go out and spend some money together? If only the leaders of the world would go shopping together, we would have peace at last!
You've raised the white flag, now it's time for you to surrender...

Sam said...

Very cool about Bert's new job! Congrats!

Hansens said...

Hi Holly,

I stole your link form another blog. Glad to keep up on your family's life. We don't get to talk as much as we did before.

~Christy

Emily said...

I didn't know Bert got a different job. That's great! I hope he likes it. I like spending money too and am always trying to think of a way I can make some but can't think of anything. Oh well.
It was fun seeing you the other night! We need to get together more often!

JR said...

Wonder woman!! How do you do it all!
Congrats to Bert!!

ashleyboice said...

hey Holly. I didn't know you had a blog. It is too bad we have callings that keep up at opposite ends of the building. Are you going to start going to play group??

scrambled brains said...

Hey you,
Methinks it's time for a new post...