Friday, February 13, 2009

Tokens

Jacks has been having so many poop accidents lately and it is getting very frustrating. He did so well for the first few weeks after learning, and then he started having these accidents and they are pretty frequent. I would say probably twice a week he forgets to come tell me and just goes in his underwear (and it's always poop). It is getting so, so, so old! So my sister came up with the idea of giving him Chuck E. Cheese tokens when he goes on the potty and taking some of them away when he has an accident. When he gets to 20 he can go to Chuck E. Cheese.
At first he did awesome, he was going to the bathroom all the time. Way more than usual. He was getting pretty good at holding it in and didn't go very often. Now that he has incentive, he wants to go all the time. But he had an accident this afternoon and he really didn't like it that I took back 5 tokens. So....everybody cross your fingers that this is going to work because I am so tired of cleaning poop off his underwear!!!

3 comments:

Corinne said...

Hey Holly! It's me your friend corinne who you love very much! Haha... well at least a little maybe... But i think you are great :)

Brent & Donna said...

A lady in our ward said when her kids had poo accidents in their underwear, one she would toss the underwear, especially if its ones they like, and two, they would give them a cold shower to clean them off. I haven't tried it yet, but a few people say it works.

JR said...

Ooooh potty training. Uggg. It's such a long process and it's such a guessing game. This sounds like a good idea, and I'm crossing my fingers for you!
Love the cute pictures of the boys..