Thursday, September 10, 2009

Here we go again...

So I'm in the boys' room cleaning and the boys are running up and down the hall chasing bouncy balls. All of a sudden there's a big crash and I look down the hall and Cooper has fallen into the door. I assumed he had just hit his head really hard, but I could tell that he was crying differently and was taking longer to console than usual. (He's like 30 seconds max and then he's off doing something again.) So I asked him where it was hurting and he pointed to his right wrist. My heard sunk and I thought "Oh no, he has broken his wrist again!" I called Bert to tell him about it and ask if he could possibly come home from work if we needed to take him to the doctors. I said I would watch him a little longer and see how he does and then let Bert know. Well just a few minutes after I got off Cooper tried to get up off my lap and he put pressure on that wrist and just started screaming and crying. I called Bert up immediately and told him to meet us at the doctors. After the X-rays (which he was very brave for) the doctor told us it's broken again in almost the same place as last time! I can't believe it! I started worrying on the way to the doctors that they were going to become suspicious of me bringing my kid in again just months later with another broken arm and investigate me! Thankfully they understand that little boys are just wild and crazy and always running and falling!I think it hurts more this time around, but he has still been such a trooper! Poor guy! We go in tomorrow morning to get the hard cast put on which will make me feel a little better because he is still wanting to be that crazy boy who runs and falls and the hard cast will protect him more.

He's got quite the black eye from colliding with the door. This picture was taken when we got home from the doctor's office...it has gotten even worse and I need to take another picture of it! It just breaks your heart to look at him! Hopefully he will only have to do the cast for 3 weeks again!

4 comments:

Hansens said...

Oh Holly, I'm so sorry. I feel your pain. Believe it or not, Megan was mine that I was always worried about them questioning me. If docs are good, they know that kids will be kids.

Hope he feels better soon !

Pays said...

Poor little guy! He sure does look cute with that little cast though :) I hope he can start feeling better soon!

JR said...

Hol! I'm so sorry! Uggg. Poor little guy! He looks just so adorable though. Hope he heels soon. ;)

Jill Sorhus said...

My niece that's five just broke her leg for the third time yesterday and has broken an arm three times also! Crazy! Each child should only be aloud to break a bone once in their life! Tell him we hope he gets better soon!