Monday, September 14, 2009

"I'm a Big Kid Now!"

We signed Jacks up for soccer this year (he barely made the cut by 2 weeks, so I think he is the youngest on the team). We decided he needs more social time with kids his own age. He is painfully shy and we are hoping that by playing soccer and going to preschool he will come out of his shell a little. The first game was pretty tough and he really didn't want to go out and play, but if Bert went out too and ran up and down the field then Jacks would go out and at least run. But he has already improved a lot! We had his 3rd game on Saturday and he went right out and played the whole game and got in quite a few kicks. We have one of those really polite teams where they aren't very aggressive so the other team is scorig quite a bit more than we are. But I really don't care as long as Jacks is having fun!!
I had myself all geared up for some clinging and crying when I dropped him off for his first day of Preschool. I was gladly surprised that he went right in and didn't even look at me when I said goodbye to him. He is loving it and loves coming home with new pictures to hang up on the wall!

2 comments:

Pays said...

How fun! I bet my little guy will play against him in a game here soon. I will have to watch for you guys..then we can chat!! He is getting so big!

Pays said...

We must be in a different division. We play on Tuesdays at 6:30 and Saturdays at 9:30. Darn, it would have been fun to see you.