Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Silver Lake & Tibble Fork

Erin and Dave went camping last week up American Fork canyon and the kids and I went up to spend the day with them at the lake. We first went to Silver Lake but it had been drained quite a bit and there wasn't much of a beach area to play on. Mostly just mud. So we ate our lunch real quick and drove to Tibble Fork lake.

This picture is so priceless! He totally takes after me and doesn't like to be dirty! He had thrown a rock in the lake and this splattered back on him! He was so mad and wanted me to clean him off right away.

These boys can get pretty dirty, pretty fast!

Baby Tate was soooo good all day! He was content to sit in the backpack or on a blanket on the beach!




This is about as far in as they ever got! The water was pretty cold and the mud was very slippery.



We were going to spend the night and then go home in the morning but it started raining around 5:30 and we didn't really want to stay after that. It would have been so hard to entertain the kids in the tent all night!

3 comments:

Christensen's said...

Looks like fun! My kids hate being dirty too, especially Brooklynn. Cute pictures!

Corinne said...

Hmmm perhaps I should send you a picture of me that you can glare at?

Jill Sorhus said...

Priceless pictures! I just want to squeeze those cheeks. Boys in the dirt, that's classic. I have one that hates dirt too. It cracks me up. The lake and mountains look beautiful!