Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cooper is 2 now!


Well I am like a week late with this post, but Cooper's 2 now!! His birthday was last Monday, January 19, and it was a fun day. We had a big party with all of my family and some friends of the family. We had yummy soups and breads and it really hit the spot on a cold winter day. After dinner we opened presents....

He got a Mickey flip cell phone and he loves it! I always see him talking on it!

We borrowed Kung Fu Panda from my parents about a month ago and the boys have watched it almost everyday since. So for his birthday my parents bought him Kung Fu Panda so they can have their copy back! And we still watch it almost everyday!!


Bert and I bought him one of these cars! He's played in one before at a friends house and he loved it and wouldn't get out and give other people a turn. So I knew he would love to have one of his own. Instead of being the traditional yellow and red, this one looks like a police car and even makes siren noises. Needless to say, both boys love it and I have been refereeing ever since the birthday party!

We sang 'Happy Birthday' to him and I told him to blow out the candles and he started blowing through his teeth so it took him quite a while to get them blown out! Isn't the cake cute? My sisters and I saw this cute design in a book and we thought Cooper would love it! It turned out really well and we even had some help from my brother Nick. It is pretty time consuming to make these kind of cakes but I always love the finished product and the sense of accomplishment after we are all done! It was a really fun day and a fun birthday for Cooper. It is such a blessing to have so much family around and to share these fun days with them!!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Cooper! Looks like it was a fun day. I love the sports cake you made- it looks awesome- good job!

Unknown said...

You girls always have incredible cakes. You should go into the cake business!

Emily said...

The cake is awesome! I can't believe you did it yourselves. It's crazy to me that Cooper is 2!

Sam said...

Cute cake!!! =)