Monday, February 15, 2016

2/15/16


I finally got brave enough to take away the pacifiers.  We had tried about 6 months ago and it didn't go so well.  For about 5 days they just cried and cried during their naps and at bedtime and it never got any better so I decided they weren't ready and I gave it back to them.  I've been dragging my feet about attempting it again because of how it went last time and because I figured the older they got the harder it would be.  We decided Saturday was the day and we didn't let them take a nap so they would be extra tired.  We talked about it all day with them and tried to play it up and talk about how they are big girls now!  I had made these pillow cases to give them for their birthday but we gave them to them tonight instead to hopefully replace their pacifiers.  They of course asked for their "paci's" when it was time for bed and there were a few tears but after I calmed them down and did our bedtime routine we didn't hear another peep from them all night long.  I couldn't believe how well they did and I was so grateful for it!

No comments: