Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Update

I have finally jumped on the blog bandwagon. I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while and my sister finally talked me into it. Hopefully she won't be the only one to look at it!!

We have had a very busy summer. In June we went camping with Bert's family to Flaming Gorge. We took the boys river rafting down the Green River which was fun but a little long for 2 little boys. They had a good time at the Dinosaur museum in Vernal, which had life-size replicas for them to see.

Then the next weekend we went camping to Payson Lakes with my sister and her family. They have a tent trailer which fit all of us. It was a fun trip!!

And then the next weekend I took the boys down to New Mexico for my cousin's wedding. In between all that we celebrated Jackson's 3rd birthday!! It was a very fun day. I took him out to breakfast in the morning for some "mommy and me" time. He ordered Mickey Mouse pancakes!! Then we had a little pool party out in the yard with my sisters and nephew. And in the evening we took him to the Kangaroo Zoo. He loved it and had a very fun day!!


This wagon was one of his birthday gifts. He loves it and asks to go for a ride in it everyday!!


Jacks is really into sharks right now so when I asked him what kind of birthday cake he wanted he of course said a shark cake. So this is what my sister and I created. I have to admit it was a really cool cake and I am very proud of it. We are getting pretty good at decorating cakes.

5 comments:

JR said...

Yeah Hol!!!! You started a blog! I was hoping for this day!!! I love the family shot of you guys up top! Gorgeous!! And your boys are SOOO dang handsome!! My oh my! Glad you're having a great summer!!
Jackie
p.s. good job on the cake! way impressed!

Marylynn said...

I am so excited that you have a blog. I was thinking about your family the other day and wondering how you are doing. It sounds like you guys keep busy.

Marylynn

Lauren said...

Holls, Yea for the blog. Fun to see what you all are up to. I love the shark cake! Jackson's hair still amazes me. I'll call you soon!
Lauren

Kirst said...

Holls! The cake is absolutely amazing! You are going to have to give me some classes or something for Bianca's birthday:) You guys have been super busy this summer! Hope to get together soon!
Sure love ya!
-Kirst

Sunshine Girl said...

I'll say your getting good at decorating cakes!!! Ok... so the question is are you willing to share some of the secrets? :D It is so fun to see you on here... when I get mine up I'll send ya the link. Love you guys!

Jenn