Sunday, July 20, 2008

Primary Activity

I was in charge of our primary activity for our ward on Saturday. We got together as a presidency and decided to do safety as our theme. Our ward had the fire department and a police officer come last year and it was a success so they wanted that again. Since I have a fireman and a policeman connection, I was put in charge. My brother Ben came with his firetruck and talked to the kids about fire safety. Then my brother-in-law Dave came in his Highway Patrol car and talked to them about seat belts and crossing the street safely. After they were done the kids got to look at the police car and explore the firetruck. And then Ben hooked the firetruck up to the fire hydrant. The kids had so much fun getting wet. It was a big success and I'm very grateful to Ben and Dave for their help with it. Here are some fun pictures of our activity.


3 comments:

Dave Heywood said...

What a studly looking trooper! When we went down to the Dave's parents' on Sunday, they asked Luke what he had been doing. His response was that he had been in a fire truck with Jackson and Pooper that went to Holly's house. That really made his day. Good job on your activity. I think all the adults and kids there seemed to have a really good time.
--Erin

Sam said...

That's awesome that Ben and Dave helped you out like that. =) Bet it was fun! Hey, speaking of Ben you ought to tell him I want access to his blog! ;-)

JR said...

You have the Hookups!! That's what family is for. I love it! How fun! I bet the kids LOVED all this! Good for you!