Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Oxygen

Jordy had a sleep study done a couple of weeks ago.  Intermountain Homecare droppped off a monitor for me to hook her up to before bed and have her sleep without her oxygen.  Bert gave her a blessing right before bed and we prayed and prayed that this time she would pass.  I checked on her multiple times before I went to sleep and she always had good numbers.  I even got up in the night a couple of times to check on her.  It was always in the 90's so I was really hopeful that she had passed.  I waited and waited for the doctor to call me and give me the results.  When no one called I started calling in everyday to see if they had received the results.  Intermountain downloads the information from the monitor and then gives it to Dr. Stoddard's office (the head of the NICU.)  Dr. Stoddard reads the results and sends a report to our pediatrician.  Our trip to New Mexico was coming and I really wanted the results before we left so I would know if I needed to pack oxygen or not.  The nurses were getting bothered with me and the last time I called in she told me they didn't have the results and that they would call me when they did.  So, pretty much stop calling!   But I still really wanted the results so I took it to the next level and called Dr. Stoddard's office.  His secretary was so nice and helpful and listened to me explain how long I had waited and how I was leaving town and needed these results.  She informed me that Dr. Stoddard hadn't had a chance to read the results yet and wasn't in the office that day but that sometimes he has a Respiratory Therapist help him read the results when he is so backlogged so she offered to find him and show him the results and call me back with the decision.  All of my effort was not for nothing because she called back with the decision that Jordyn had passed her sleep study and could be off oxygen now!!  I was beyond thrilled!  She has had it for over a year now and has been so patient with all of it.  We are so happy to be done with that chapter of our lives!

No comments: