Friday, October 4, 2013

Follow-up Clinic

The girls had their first NICU Follow-up Clinic today.  Our appointment was at 8:30 so Mom came over to the house to take care of Ry and help get the boys all ready for school.  Bert and I took the babies to the clinic.  The girls saw the opthamologist and then got their measurements taken.  Afterward we saw the Pediatrician and then the Nutritionist.  There was a lot of waiting in between so we were there all morning!  The girls were tired and ready to go home!  We ran into a couple of other NICU babies that were born around the same time as we were so it was fun to visit with the parents and see how big the babies were now.  I told the nutritionist that we are almost done with our freezer supply of breastmilk so we are going to start mixing it with the Neosure and get the girls used to the formula.  After we use up all of the cans of Neosure, (which I have a lot of because my Nurses sent me home with so many when we were discharged from the NICU and because I was able to get some for free because I have twins) she wants us to switch to Good Start Nourish which will be easier on the girls stomachs.  We are supposed to use the special Preemie formula until their birthday and then we can switch to whatever formula we want until their adjusted birthday in May.  It's going to start getting expensive now!

No comments: