Saturday, June 1, 2013

Jordyn's Homecoming

Poor Jordyn just doesn't have the strength to drink her whole bottle at every feeding.  We kept trying 12 and 24 hour requests with her but she would just poop out in the middle.  It seemed like it was going to be a long time before she was coming home.  A few days ago I got a phone call from the doctor saying that if I was comfortable with it, they would send Jordyn home with her feeding tube still in.  I have said all along that I will take her any way I can get her so of course I agreed.  Bert and I had to go in and learn how to put the tube in and check that it was in the right place and now, after 112 days, Jordyn is coming home!



This is one of our favorite nurses, Carly.  I was so glad she was there for Jordyn's discharge.  She hooked us up with a bunch of supplies and took us around on another parade.  She always took such good care of the girls and I knew they were in good hands with her.  She loves them and I'm sure we'll keep in touch with her for a long time.

All settled in for our first night with both girls home.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

PJ said...

Yay!

I hope that will soon be permanent.

Hugs!