Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July


We have a tradition in my family to go watch the hot air balloon launch on the 4th.  I've been going since Jacks was born and I think I've only missed once!  We were disappointed last year because it was too windy for the balloons to launch, but this year the weather was perfect and we had a good time!  After the balloon launch we headed back to mom and dad's for breakfast!

Cooper
Then we went 4-wheeling up past Hope Campground in the afternoon and everyone had a great time.  Dave has two 4-wheelers and my dad has one, so the kids all got tons of turns and had a blast!


Dave brought this half-tent that he bought for soccer and it was perfect for Rylee!  I could put her down to play with her toys and crawl around without worrying about her getting all dirty and eating everything she could find!

Jacks, Tate, and Nick
Nick didn't have any sunglasses and so my mom kindly offered hers to him.  He looked good!!



The kids all fell asleep on the way home from 4-wheeling.  We let them sleep for a little bit and then woke them up to go to a BBQ at Peggy's house.  Bert organized a Bocce tournament for adults and one for the kids.  After the tournament, we all played a big round of kickball.  Kids vs. Adults (this is the kids' favorite way to play!)  Then we headed back over to Nana and Papa's to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks from their backyard.  I love the 4th of July!

No comments: