Friday, March 23, 2012

Cry It Out

Rylee started sleeping through the night when she was 2 months old and I loved it!  Then at about 5 1/2 months she started getting up around 5 am and it was so hard on me because it was too early for me to stay up but not enough time to go back and get some good sleep.  I was exhausted every day!  She also started taking a lot longer to fall asleep at night and I sometimes spent 2 hours getting her down for the night.  So we finally let her cry it out tonight.  It wasn't too bad and she cried for 30 minutes and then fell asleep.  She woke up around 5 am again and then cried for about an hour.  That was really hard!  I wanted to pick her up so bad!  But she is doing so much better now!  She doesn't really even cry at all when we lay her down.  She is still sometimes getting up around 5 am and I can't figure out why but I feel like she is getting so much more sleep.  Her naps are longer and I feel like I have some more me time since putting her down doesn't take 2 hours anymore!

No comments: