Friday, February 3, 2012

Cooper's 5 Year Check-up


I took Cooper to the doctor today for his 5 year check-up and to get his shots before Kindergarten registration.  I knew he was going to have a hard time with the shots so I had talked to him all about being brave and had even bribed him with a few different things.  I said we could get a chicken sandwich from Wendy's (they are his very favorite things), an ice cream cone, and he could have another turn on the PS3 (they usually just get to play once a day.)  So I naively thought that with all my bribing he would do ok.  I was way wrong.  He was good for the doctor while she checked him all out but as soon as she left and the nurses came in to give him the shots he started crying and burying his head into my arm.  It took 5 of us to get the shots done: one nurse holding Ry, me holding his arms and upper body, one nurse holding his legs and then 2 giving him the shots!


He kept sniffling on the way home and said to me, "Mom, I tried to be brave but i couldn't."  So, of course, I gave in and gave him all the things I promised him.  You can see how red and puffy his eyes are in this picture.  Poor guy!

His stats are:

Weight: 45 lbs. 2 oz. - 75%
Height:  43 in. - 60%

No comments: