Thursday, December 10, 2009

Birthday Trip

My birthday was last Friday and I knew that Bert was planning a getaway for us. But that's all I knew! It was all a big surprise (which I love!) So I assumed that we were probably just going to head up to Park City or Salt Lake or something close by. Boy was I shocked when he got on the freeway and started heading south! So then I decided we were probably going to St. George. Which we did. We got off to eat at the Texas Roadhouse (which I also love!) and then I was waiting for him to find the hotel and all of a sudden there's a giant sign on the side of the freeway that says "Welcome to Arizona"! So, our final destination, after soooo much driving (I am totally impatient on roadtrips!) was Las Vegas!

Bert did a great job with all the planning! We got there late Friday night and checked into the Venetian. We had a beautiful room! It was the only thing that I got pictures of from that whole weekend! I'm weird about asking strangers to take a picture for me. I know, it's really dumb!

They had us up on the 30th floor so it had an amazing view! I know it's all blurry but you can get the idea!So we really only had one day to spend in Vegas but it was packed full of stuff so it felt like a full trip instead of just one day! We went to a spa and were able to see The Phantom of the Opera and the Blue Man Group. In between we ate some very yummy food and we did that all in our hotel! The shows and the restaurants and the spa were all in the Venetian so we never really had to leave and drive around!

It was a very fun trip and much needed too! I love my kids but I also love some time away to just relax and be with Bert! Thanks to my mom and dad for watching them over the weekend! The boys loved sleeping over at Nana and Papa's and they keep asking to go back again!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! Sounds like a great birthday getaway! You guys did do a lot in one day, how fun! Glad it was a good Birthday!

Brenda said...

Wow he did really good! I am so glad you had a great time. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Emily said...

Way to go Bert!

It was fun seeing you tonight! Thanks for coming up. I look forward to the next get together!

Rosie and Derek said...

How fun!!! I'm so glad that you posted this because I forgot to ask you on the phone the other day where you ended up going. Sounds like you had a fabulous time, and what a gorgeous room. Good job Bert!

Corinne said...

That sounds fun! I would be happy for you if I liked you just a little bit more :D

Sam said...

Holy cow...major kudos to Bert!!! That's is totally awesome and I'm so impressed; awesome hotel room too. You sure lucked out with such a good husband. ;)