Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Casts

We went to the doctor today to get the cast put on AGAIN! That's right, you read it right. We went in yesterday (and waited over an hour in the waiting room) and got a cast put on. They put on a waterproof one and told me it was totally fine to get it wet in the tub or go swimming. So I gave the boys a bath last night and then we put them to bed. I felt a little uneasy because it was still wet, so I decided that I wasn't going to be doing nighttime baths while he has the cast on. Well, when Bert and I went to bed 2 hours later, Bert went in to check on the boys and Cooper had climbed out of bed and fallen asleep on the floor in front of his closet door. The cast was lying right next to him on the floor. He never cried or came out or anything. He just pulled it off and went to sleep. I'm sure he wouldn't have been able to pull it off if it hadn't been wet. It must have been really irritating him for it to be wet so he somehow pulled his arm out.

So, we went back again today (and only waited 25 minutes) and he got another one put on. He picked red today (mostly because Jacks was telling him red was his color.) Jacks knows some of his cousins favorite colors and so he thinks that color belongs with them and nobody else can have it. Well Jacks has decided that Cooper's favorite color is red (Cooper could really care less).

5 comments:

Shelly Johnson said...

Your mom told me about this today. I can't believe it. He looks really cute in his little cast. Hopefully he'll keep this one on so he can heal.

Corinne said...

Hey Holly! I hope your jealousy doesn't effect our "friendship" :)

JR said...

Oh Hooly! You're right! There's nithing worse than seeing your babies hurt! I'm so sorry! It's such a pain- literally!Did you get the new cast waterproof? Hope he heels up fast and can enjoy the summer. BTW- the red looks really cool- Love it!

Christensen's said...

Kempton is always telling Brooklynn that her favorite color is pink. Funny how they figure those things... That stinks he had to get a new cast!

Jill Sorhus said...

He looks so darn cute, but I guess that isn't worth it! It's a good thing these little ones are so resiliant (sp?) My nephew broke is leg and a couple of weeks after he was back getting x-rays again because he ate a screw. Life's never boring with little ones! My first two are eighteen months apart. It was crazy, but they are best buds. You look like you're really enjoying them and such a cute mommy!