Thursday, May 28, 2009

I am such a blog slacker...

The cast is off!! We went in on Tuesday morning and got the cast taken off. (He has the funniest tan line right in the middle of his arm.) I think I preferred it when the cast was still on. The doctor told me to watch him because if he falls on it again in the next couple of weeks he could break it again because it is still so tender. I didn't have to worry about that when the cast was on. How do you get a 2 year old boy with an older brother to not play so hard and stop running around? It's impossible! So I've been wrapping it in an ace bandage when he is playing outside to help him remember that he needs to favor the other arm. I hope we can make it through this tender period and come out with 2 working arms!!

I gave my last piano lesson on Tuesday and now I am having a summer break. The kids were ready for a break from practicing and I think I will enjoy a break too. I'm almost done with babysitting for my sister (I just have til the end of June.) I love summertime! This is such an exciting time of year. You can feel it all around! Everyone is so excited to be done with school and have summer freedom. I love it too even though I'm not in school anymore!!

We had a busy Memorial Day and of course I didn't have my camera with me for any of it. How do you guys remember to take it with you? I seem to always forget it! We had a BBQ at my mom's and then headed over to the Keele's for another one. After the Keele BBQ we went to the cemetery and say Don's headstone for the first time. It looked really nice. I just have to keep thinking that he is in a better place and is happier to not be so restricted with Alzheimer's, otherwise it makes me really sad that he's not around anymore. The kids had a great day playing with all their cousins (especially playing Annie-I-Over and Duck, Duck, Goose which are their 2 new favorite things to do).

1 comment:

Christensen's said...

I didn't know you did piano lessons! Who do you teach? I am also looking forward to the summer!