Tuesday, December 16, 2008

First Snowfall

We woke up to lots of snow today and the boys were really excited about it. Jacks looked outside and said "Now I can build a snowman!" We were busy all morning with errands and so after their naps we got them all geared up in snowpants, boots, mittens, hats, and coats and they trudged out into the snow.
We have a hill in our backyard which I have hated since we moved in but haven't done anything about it, and today I was glad for it because it made it even more fun. The boys had a blast sledding down the hill!We'll have to get out there and build a snowman because Jacks has been talking about it since July. He saw a picture on the computer of the snowman he built last winter and has asked me countless times if he could go outside and build a snowman. I kept telling him he had to wait until there was snow...now I don't have any more excuses. I've always loved the snow (except driving in it) but I love it even more now that I can watch my boys enjoy it so much!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Good job taking the boys out to play. It looks like they had lots of fun. The closest Heidi go to the snow was looking out the window. I guess I should be a nice mommy and take her out to play.

Pays said...

We were so excited at our house too! First thing when B woke up he asked to play out in the snow. How nice to have your very own hill to sled on. Cute pict's!

Christensen's said...

I need to take my kids sleding. That looks so fun!

Kate said...

Looks like the boys had fun out in the snow, they are so cute! Sounds like you guys had a crazy busy Nov. Happy late Birthday. I'm glad the surgery went well and I hope you are recovering well! Your tree is really pretty too!

The Figgins said...

I love the new layout!