Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fire Safety

Yesterday was Fire Safety Day at one of the fire stations in Orem, so I loaded up the boys and headed over. My brother Ben was working there all day and his wife, Becky, and their 2 girls were there at the same time. It was fun to walk around with them and to have one-on-one time with one of the fireman.


Cooper loved spraying the water out of the hose. After he had his turn I tried to walk away and he did not want to leave. When I finally got him away and we were onto something else I turned around and he was walking back towards the hose. He loved it!!


Jacks said his favorite part was the yellow firetruck. I thought one of the coolest things there was the 'smoke trailer'. The kids climb in and the trailer fills up with fake smoke and they learn to crawl on the floor below the smoke and feel the door to make sure it isn't hot. Ben gave the kids a pop quiz and Jacks didn't know any of the answers so I got in trouble and was told I need to teach him about fire safety. I've always thought he was too young but they have taught Tessa all about it and she knew most of the answers and knows where to meet if anything ever happened. I definitely need to get on that!!

2 comments:

brandya said...

I never think about a fire safety plan either. Good thing to think about! Thanks for blogging! I love staying up with you and the fam!

Pays said...

How fun! I wish I had heard about that. Brayden would have loved it.