Thursday, January 22, 2015

Jordy's Hospital Visit


Jordy was crying a lot when she woke up from her nap and I was worried that she might have an ear infection because she's had a runny nose and goopy eyes the last few days.  I called into the doctor and they fit us right in.  While the doctor was checking her Jordyn just laid there and hardly moved which made me nervous.  He said she did have an ear infection and as we were talking I realized she hadn't had a wet diaper all day. Her oxygen saturation level was 85 according to their monitor so the doctor sent us down to the hospital to have an IV of fluids and possibly stay overnight.  I cried the whole way there because it felt like deja vu and I was having some NICU PTSD. 


Bert joined us at the hospital and Mom, Dad, and Tiff all stayed with our other kids.  She crashed after they put the IV in and slept on Bert's shoulder.  The doctor said if she would drink some fluids and have a wet diaper then we could go home and sleep in our own beds as long as I promised to bring her in again immediately if there were any more concerns.  We got home around 10 and she went right to sleep.  Poor Addi didn't like going to sleep alone tonight and woke up a couple of times asking for Jordy.  Bert would hold her up and show her that Jordy was in her bed and then she'd go back to sleep. 

No comments: